1. What kind of church is this? Firstfruits is a balanced blend of the strengths from several streams of church history. We endeavor to honor God's Word like Evangelicals and God's Spirit like Pentecostals and charismatics. People from diverse backgrounds enjoy worshipping and serving here. Click here to learn more about the history of the church.
2. Where did the name come from? The term "firstfruits" occurs dozens of times in the Bible. It is defined as, "The first gathered fruits from a harvest, offered to God in gratitude."
3. What do you believe? We believe that Jesus is the Son of God and is the only way to the Father. We believe the Bible is the only infallible guide to faith and practice. We believe the Holy Spirit still manifests His presence and power today.
4. Why do you worship the way you do? Our praise and worship is patterned after the practices of believers in both the Old and New Testaments of the Bible.
5. How is the church run? The Bible teaches that Jesus is the Head of the Church and that He delegates the responsibility to manage the church to local elders. Within this group there is one called the senior elder, who is primarily responsible for the vision and direction of the local church.
6. Why do you only have church on Sunday mornings? We are a "Cell Church". This means we feel that meeting in home groups is the backbone of the church. We want to see every member learn to extend God's grace to others. The home group is the ultimate enviroment for this. We believe that home groups are just as legitimate and necessary as corporate meetings. Radical? Perhaps. Biblical? Totally. (Acts 5:42)
7. How do I join Firstfruits? By regularly attending worship services, getting involved in a home cell group, and by completing our New Members Class which is offered throughout the year.